Welcome to the UltimateEQ Wiki
UltimateEQis a heavily customized, progression-based EQEmu server. While early goals center around traditional Vanilla to POP progression, you will quickly find yourself encountering an incredible amount of custom content in the form of Ultimate Zones. These zones add a second layer of progression, and come with custom items, spells, augments, talents, traits, and much more. Live since June of 2018, development has been consistent and the population has been ever-growing. We received preferred status in October of 2018, and will strive for legendary as time goes on.
Main Feature Rundown
- Max Level: 70
- Recommended Group Size: 1-4
- IP Address Restrictions: 3 per IP Address Max
- XP: Greatly increased while still retaining a sense of progression.
- Client: RoF2 highly recommended.
- File Patcher: Quickly download the latest spell file, global load, view patch notes, and launch EQ directly. Download
- Raid Encounters: Tuned and on a mostly 1-hour or less respawn timer.
- Initial: Customized quests for Vanilla through POP with most quest drops/spawns greatly increased in chance. This is to get your feet wet and acquainted with the server.
- Ultimate: Highly Customized Ultimate Zone progression, with thousands of custom items, spells, and much more.
- Credit System: Each time you kill a mob within a certain level range and/or zone you will earn currency. These currencies can be used on vendors to buy custom gear.
- Custom Crafting: Forge will make you Ultimate Weapons and Armor for completing quests.
- Talent System: Customize your character with talent "trees" not that unlike games such as Diablo.
- Trait System: Customize your talents further with special traits, which will modify talents you have purchased.
- Gambler: Reroll your custom end-game items for even better ones...within some potential risk!
- Uber Bosses: Turn in custom currency (Ultimate Tokens) dropped within the end-game to spawn the most powerful mobs on the server. Amazing loot, but you will want to bring some friends!
- Treasure Goblins: Rumor has it they carry a lot of coin and famous old-world loot.
- Classes: All are tuned and powerful! No flavor of the month here.
- Custom Augments: Epic --> Epic Augment for those who like doing the epic questline, and others via custom currency.
- Clickies: Hundreds of unique (and often powerful) items that are almost always usable from inventory, which makes for some very interesting class -> non-class spell interactions.
- MQ2: We don't mind track, but warp abuse is a bad idea!
- Regen: Fast HP/Mana/End regen on rested state.
- Conveniences: Custom translocator, cash for AA vendor, race changer, buffer, spell trainer (spells/discs/etc are also auto-learned in most cases).
UltimateEQ came about after a lot of great experiences with other EQEmu servers such as Imperium, Addicted Dads, and Leetsauce. There is an incredible amount of custom content and progression, which should keep players busy for quite some time. The custom gear, spells, talents, traits, augments and so on should make you feel powerful and make things fun. Little touches like treasure goblins and pop-culture references keep the mood light.