Fishing For Suggestions & Ideas - Hardcore Characters

Shodai
Site Admin

Fishing For Suggestions & Ideas - Hardcore Characters

Post by Shodai » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:29 am

-Once the final Demigod zone is wrapped up (basically is) I am going to turn my attention for a bit to a new feature called Hardcore progression. It's something I have been mulling over for a while, and given Demigod progression ends with a ton of content and a ton of items, it'll take a bit to get stale.

Anyways, this is something I can do fairly easy, and I think there is a good bit of interest. Here is the initial feature rundown:

-Hardcore characters may only access the Hardcore hub. They will never be able to interact with non-hardcore characters or non-hardcore zones.
-You must have at least one character at level 70 and have completed Ultimate progression in order to create a Hardcore character. Avatar and Demigod is not required.
-Hardcore characters will start at level 70.
-The Hardcore Hub (giggity) will have Bart and the Tier 3 Item vendor. You will be able to select a few items then the rest you will have to earn or loot. TBD
-The Hardcore zones will only be instances, and will run from Guks->Sleeper. I will not release all at once, but most likely Upper & Lower Guk will start it.
-Mobs in these zones will be reverted to their original damage, HP, and drop rates. For those not aware, these zones, particularly earlier in the server, were extremely hard and gear was far harder to earn.
-XP will be reduced.
-On death you will lose at least a level and potentially a random item.
-Progression will otherwise be like it is.
-As of now the idea is to give some kind of reward that is account-bound as you progress. I don't want this to become a required feature in any way, but for those who do it, aside from the fun/challenge, I want there to be reward(s) for the effort.

So what am I looking for...Suggestions.

-What should the reward(s) be?
-Should it be even harder than original?
-Should drop rates definitely be reverted?
-What else would you like to see happen?
-Should there be seasons?

tupp

Re: Fishing For Suggestions & Ideas - Hardcore Characters

Post by tupp » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:39 am

maybe give trash a stacking buff that enhances their dps and or health dependant on the number in close proximity? Could help limit swarming and would throw us back to the old days of single pulling/cc and limit farming/boosting... bring on the turtleing !!!

Shodai
Site Admin

Post by Shodai » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:41 am

You won’t be swarming in there with non-custom spells and tier 3 gear.

fitzor

Post by fitzor » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:45 pm

IMO, the experience penalty isn't enough. If you were truly doing hardcore - death would be permanent; however if not I would remove the chance to lose an item and make the penalty much more severe - like 25%+ of accumulated experience.

Seasons is a great idea provided there's a leaderboard to follow. It would make the race to max level or a specific progression level more exciting. You could track by class and by group composition, etc.

In the end, people will ultimately do it for the rewards. I would steer away from straight up Ultimate Credits, but add some unique items with a bit of flavour - nothing that would impact balance, but utility only. No ideas on what those could be at the moment, though it would be nice if it impacted all of your accounts.

Kable

Post by Kable » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Starting by saying I won't Hardcore. Just don't have the time. But a few thoughts.
-Perma-Death
-PVP enabled
-Account Bound.. when you die + depending on your progression = Hardcore Salty Tears (playing of salty)

Rewards? Just brainstorming
-Instance Creation Tokens
-Progression Tokens (used to drop of Mel, But reduced to Crushbone access)
-Talent Points and/or AA for alts
-Character Transfer -> Another Account Token
-Warping Tokens/clicky... example.. LGuk Zone In, LGul Executioner Wing, King Wing. Seb to Fungi etc
-Bonus Aug Slot for Ulti 3.0 and/or a 2.5 Ult Weapon that is ONLY available for Hardcore players.

-Edit... 1 more.. Take 1 Ability/Spell from any class.. Controversial i'm sure. ;)
Edit2...1 more.. Enable Level 71-80 AA Abilities for the account.

Enine

Post by Enine » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 pm

Reward Suggestions:

Get's to name a upcoming NPC a custom name or after them self.(As long as passes Shodai's naming policy)

Get's to have a custom spell or ability named after them.(As long as passes Shodai's naming policy)

Get's to name a special upcoming item named after them.(As long as passes Shodai's naming policy)

Get's a special npc that sit's in the hub to recognize the devotion of the completion of Ultimate Hardcore. (Show's a list X amount if winner's)

Have your Hardcore Completion character screen shot for the patchers loading screen.

Enine

Post by Enine » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:31 pm

Let's try to bring in fresh new idea's. Not so much giving people stuff that can already be accessed in game hardly doing anything to obtain them already. Let us bring in some new idea's but also not a edge or game breaking tactics. As not everyone will be feeling hardcore mode it is more for fun something to do with group of friend's. So the reward it self can't imo be something that will give a upper edge with content or obtaining already thought of ideas or item's in game.