Another who just started and has questions

Syalara

Another who just started and has questions

Post by Syalara » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 am

Howdy all,
Been quite some time since I played on an emu so forgive me for what are more than likely to be rather stupid questions.

Is there any gate item available for new players? Or is there another way to get back to the hub?
Is MQ2 allowed?
How is the server balanced as far as melee vs casters? I've typically seen servers where casters become significantly less viable as they progress. Is a wizard (for example) comparable to a rogue for damage on difficult mobs later on or do resists or mana or other factors hamper the wizard?
Tanking? Are warriors required for a small group to take things down later on? Most say any tanking class will do fine but IME one usually outshines the others. On some servers, pallies have an advantage. On others, warriors do. On some, you can bard tank raid bosses.
Are slows required? I'm on the fence about which healer to roll, actually I'm on the fence about what characters to roll here in general. More on point, would you consider slows later on to be required, awesome, nice to have, or not worth it?

Syalara

Re: Another who just started and has questions

Post by Syalara » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:36 am

Found an answer to the MQ questions. There was a post directly discussing it that I missed.

Also, if anyone has map files or a decent location to get map files for this server that would be awesome.

Enine

Post by Enine » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Syalara wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 am
Howdy all,
Been quite some time since I played on an emu so forgive me for what are more than likely to be rather stupid questions.

Is there any gate item available for new players? Or is there another way to get back to the hub?
Is MQ2 allowed?
How is the server balanced as far as melee vs casters? I've typically seen servers where casters become significantly less viable as they progress. Is a wizard (for example) comparable to a rogue for damage on difficult mobs later on or do resists or mana or other factors hamper the wizard?
Tanking? Are warriors required for a small group to take things down later on? Most say any tanking class will do fine but IME one usually outshines the others. On some servers, pallies have an advantage. On others, warriors do. On some, you can bard tank raid bosses.
Are slows required? I'm on the fence about which healer to roll, actually I'm on the fence about what characters to roll here in general. More on point, would you consider slows later on to be required, awesome, nice to have, or not worth it?
A lot that info is on the wiki already. Maps you can use any live version map folder and extract it to emulator. For certain zones like hate etc that must be gotten from our patcher files.

Appyle

Post by Appyle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:28 am

Syalara wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 am
Howdy all,

Is MQ2 allowed?

I had to figure this out as well. I had this weird buff on me that looked like a poison dagger that gave me wild then and a 16000 prob that went off all the time. Dunno what happened. Anyway, dying is the easier way to gate....if you don’t have that weird buff. Otherwise camp out and then hit the ‘tutorial’ button and it logs you into hub

Appyle

Post by Appyle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:30 am

Sorry....wild regen and a 16k proc. Stayed it was “an unknown spell” had 12:46 on it and it kept refreshing by itself.

Enine

Post by Enine » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm

You need our spell files from our patcher.